Et un deuxième First 18 allemand !
    Florent(Virus)

Et un deuxième First 18 allemand !

par Florent(Virus) » dim. 6 déc. 2009 17:35

AP First 18 Internationale !!!
    Dear guys of the french AP FIRST 18,

I would like to let you know that there is a new (old) First 18 in the Eifel, a low mountain range in the outer west of Germany, not far from Belguim.

My boat was not in the best condition when I bought it in September, but hopefully I will have refitted it at the beginning of the next season.

Here are some data for the "World Fleet":

Nom du bateau : MaggieŽs Dirty Sister
    Type : quillard
    Année : 1981
    N° Série : 941
    Nom du propriétaire : Kai C. Pekie
    Basé à / port d'attache / club : Allemagne / Lac de la Roer (Eifel) Mail : kpekie@web.de

Till the end of this season I sailed a small swedish 5,25 m cruiser, a Volvo Jofa Stortriss MK2. If you are interested .. here is a short video of one of my last sessions with "Maggie Mae".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRlW5BeyNzw

Not as good as some of the movies of your AP ... but a beginning. My plan is to make some more and better ones next year with "MaggieŽs Dirty Sister".

I do not finish this e-mail without saying that your web site is absolutely great. What a pitty that I do not speak French (and as you can see my 30 years old rusty school English has to be improved as well ...).

So have a good wintertime and a Merry X-mas

Best regards from Germnay

Kai

Kai C. Pekie
    - Weiler am Berge -
    Holzheimer Straße 49
    53894 Mechernich
    Tel.: 02256 - 958 999
    E-Mail: kpekie@web.de

p.s.: I though it would be a good idea to attach a photo of MaggieŽs Dirty Sister (windows are already new). Next year, when she will be really beautiful, I will send more (under sails !)
    maggies-schwester.jpg

Dear Kai,

Thank you very much for your kind mail.

Also, feel free to comment / propose subjects & articles, even in english.
    Most of members are english readers and can answer. So if you face some issues in your boat repair, do not hesitate to post your questions ! As for us, this website is also the link to help first 18 owners abroad.

bye and MerryXmas too.

Florent