Bonjour d'Autriche!
  • coco

Bonjour d'Autriche!

par coco » jeu. 31 janv. 2019 23:00

Bonjour!

Je m'appel Coco, je suis d'Autriche! I will speak english - I learned french in school but I can't write it well... I hope you will understand me. I have a beautiful First 18 named VADE RETRO on Lake Neusiedl in Austria, but as I cannot find a place for her on the lake for 2019 i am planning to leave her in the dry and restore her this year and to bring her into the mediterranean when everything is ready. She needs to taste salt which she never has. She is the swing keel version. I will need some help here and there so I am super excited to be in the forum! I also have a 1983 VW Passat that is in wonderful condition (130k km) so I have some experience with making old things work well in 2019 as well :) I am attaching a foto of my boat for you to see :) Thanks Arno for helping me to become a member of the forum!!! Woop!
    Pièces jointes
    IMG_0279.jpg
  • Arno33

Re: Bonjour d'Autriche!

par Arno33 » ven. 1 févr. 2019 05:42

You're welcome!
  • coco

par coco » dim. 17 févr. 2019 22:17

alo!

@arno: one of the first repairs i will need to do i think are the toerails, there is some chipping happening below them of the gelcoat. i guess this is a regular repair with these old boats. do you have any tips with it? do i need to remove all the toerails and check whats going on underneath? then i guess i need to close all holes, maybe re-lay some glass, make new gel coat and refit the toe rails? any advice? thanks a lot!!

coco
    Petipas

par Petipas » lun. 18 févr. 2019 17:46

Hello; do you want to talk about bubbles on the deck or on the hull? And under or above the flottation line?
  • coco

par coco » mer. 20 févr. 2019 17:14

hello!

no - i mean the gunwhale - the black metal below the railing. right underneath it i have gelcoat chipping off....
    Petipas

par Petipas » lun. 25 févr. 2019 14:41

No matter which kniffing polyester mastics rather than gel-coat that does not work in thick layers. May be "new" polyuretane fillers more tolerant